How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love Working Async. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
The team you'll be joining: 70 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into product teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
- Previous experience working as Frontend Engineer/Developer for at least 4 years
- Proficient with React
- Experience with Jest and React Testing Library or Enzyme in writing meaningful tests.
- Interest in build pages with performance, accessibility and API design in mind
- Attention to the details when implementing UI mockups made by our amazing design team.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- GitLab CI
- Implementing, maintaining and improving our software platforms
- Participating in other projects, tasks and initiatives with the rest of the engineering team.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- (async) Application is reviewed by our VP of Engineering
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager or VP of Engineering
- (async) Code exercise (async, no deadline, a very simple exercise)
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- (async) Offer