Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
As a React front end engineer, you’ll be working to implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for Android, iOS, and Web users. You’ll integrate with our Rest APIs and other 3rd-party services. You’ll collaborate with designers, product managers and other stakeholders in brainstorming new ideas, developing features, gathering feedback and iterating, thereby continuously providing impactful improvement to our products.
- 5+ years of professional work experience with modern front end frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js.
- Solid understanding of the React ecosystem, component composition, lifecycle methods.
- Strong familiarity with CSS Flexbox, CSS Grid, CSS in JS or other React-based CSS solutions.
- Experience with front end tooling like NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Prettier.
- Experience building and consuming APIs to interact with other services using REST
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience developing mobile-first, responsive websites.
- Experience developing UI for iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo or Relay clients in a production application.
- Background in building cross-platform native applications using React Native is a plus.
- Familiarity with native build tools like XCode, Android Studio.
- Develop, extend, and maintain the Self website leveraging the React framework.
- Build and maintain our mobile app using React Native.
- Translate the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code and technical implementation that will produce pixel perfect visual elements.
- Work with designers, product managers, back end engineers to implement new product features and improve existing ones.
- Build efficient and reusable front end components and abstractions.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Maintain code and write tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Provide stakeholders with time and resource estimates related to product development.
- Make technical decisions and improvements around front end development.
- Ensure user-facing code is written with security in mind.
- Keep up-to-date with the best front end practices and tooling.