Hi, we’re Trust & Will. We’re making estate planning simple, affordable, & accessible with a design-first approach and amazing customer support. Since launching in 2017, we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers using our complete suite of products nationwide. We’re backed by some of the leading names in venture capital who all believe in our mission to provide families a better way to plan for the future.
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our product team and help us lead the way in transforming the world of estate planning.
As part of the product team at Trust & Will, you’ll be instrumental in bringing the team’s ideas and vision to fruition - giving us a leading edge in product and user experience. Through collaboration with other members of our development team, you’ll be responsible for developing new features and products, build-out and enhancing our landing page strategy, keeping our site fast, fixing bugs, and maintaining our codebase.
You are a frontend developer that can deliver stories, participate in scrum ceremonies, build features around user experience, fix bugs, and participate in design discussions. You enjoy taking on challenges and solving problems while learning new things. You think about your code in terms of scalability with consideration for future maintainability. You've worked in multi-disciplinary product teams, working and alongside other developers and designers; ideally, this would be in the form of another digital product at scale. You're open to sharing knowledge and improving our standards and team processes, be it through pair programming, code reviews, or other methods.
- Work directly with our Head of Engineering and Lead UI developer to develop and implement new features
- Collaborate with our design team to iterate on our productBuild, maintain, and grow our component library
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Build new features and products as part of cross-functional teams, ensuring that our standards and uptime are high and that we can scale to meet demand
- Maintain existing features, keeping them in line with best practices and new technologies
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgment to make independent decisions
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team
- Stay current with new and evolving technologiesHelp shape the future of tech at Trust & Will
- Experience with React
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Experience styling with and without a library or framework
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Empathy both towards team members and our users
- Knowledge of testing (both automated and manual)
- Experience with version control
Bonus points for:
- Vue 2+ and/or Angular 10+ experience
- Experience with or understanding of component-based architecture (CBSE)
- Tailwind experience
- A/B testing experience
- Understanding of design systems
- Able to interpret data and analytics and provide feedback on how it ties into project goals
- Ability to advise on or make changes to the backend if needed
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote-first, office available in San Diego
- Flexible time off
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Home office set up allowance
- Parental leave
- Professional development support
- Work alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company while transforming an entire industry
All interviews will be conducted remotely. All new and existing Trust & Willers will continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future as a remote-first team.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Trust & Will's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.