Searching for that rare role that matches your unicorn UX Design and Development background? Find yourself in a constant battle between classifying yourself as a Product Designer or a UI Engineer? Looking to take on the challenge of cross product UI strategy and architecture?
If so, consider joining our small, tight-knit, team of UI/UX experts. As a Senior UX Engineer you will be the bridge between Design Strategy, UI Architecture, and Technology Execution. This role will help in the following areas:
- UI Development best practices and style focused UI architecture across technology products. Specifically embedding into tech teams and making sure the UIs they produce are up to the Product Design team’s standards.
- Evangelize our Design System, coaching developers on proper HTML and styling approaches
- Delivery of UI templates and code. How can we best make things reusable and consistent for users.
- Ongoing development of a reusable UI framework and package system. How can we evolve and version our code in an easy and consumable manner.
- UI development contractor vetting and hiring.
- Always brining a communicative and positive attitude to team interaction and leadership. You are the technical face of our Product Design team.
This role is a unique balancing act between hands-on day-to-day development work, and big picture ownership across teams. The ideal candidate is someone who’s comfortable seeking out answers on their own and communicating effectively with stakeholders, developers, and end-users. You will be given the freedom to bring your ideas to the table and execute upon them.
Within our team we believe strongly in camaraderie and collaboration — no one is above the group. All ideas are discussed openly, albeit passionately. We strive to leave ego at the door and focus on valuable constructive criticism. We celebrate our wins.
The following should feel right in your wheelhouse:
- You have a strong background in UI design and development. You know HTML and CSS like the back of your hand. You follow the latest industry trends and know which CSS properties animate faster and what browsers CSS Grid works with.
- You have a vast level of experience with UI frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc). You can explain the pros and cons of each.
- You’ve worked in or played with a variety of front-end environments. Angular, React, Vue, jQuery, etc. You understand component based development and the tradeoffs that come with it.
- You’re a nerd! You love the command line and feel passionate about your text editor of choice. You know Git well and can cruise through standard Git flow.
- You take pride in your craft. You type fast, pick up software quickly, and feel comfortable googling for answers.
- You’re extremely detail oriented and write meticulous code.
- You have a background in design and know the tools. Ideally you’ve used Balsamiq, Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision in the past.
- You are comfortable explaining and presenting your concepts. You can talk in business, design, and technical jargon.
- You are fun and don’t take yourself to seriously. You realize in the end, the journey is just as important as the result.
- You believe in a happy work/life balance. Yes, you can hit deadlines, but you also take an approach that makes you happy. "