We have announced our $50M Series C round! Here is an interview with our CEO Anna that was featured on TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2022/02/16/with-a-50m-series-c-instrumental-looks-to-expand-data-driven-manufacturing-solution/
We are open to remote candidates based in the US for this role!
Manufacturing output represents half of the world’s GDP, but 20% of every dollar spent is wasted on scrap, rework, and mistakes. Beyond being wasteful, this is one of the main reasons new hardware products are late or fail to materialize. Instrumental accelerates how the world’s best brands bring new products to market by collecting unique data from assembly lines and feeding it to AI-powered software tools to find and fix manufacturing issues.
Instrumental has helped many household brands (e.g. Bose, Meraki, Honeywell) to significantly shorten innovation cycles and time to go-to-market. We’re growing at venture pace with significant revenue gains in both 2020 and 2021.
About the role:
In this role, you will extend the frontend of the web application our customers use to interact with data we collect from their assembly lines. Here are some examples of projects we’ve released recently:
Intelligent data correlations help hardware engineers find the root cause of manufacturing issues in minutes, while it used to take days or weeks
“High mix” tools enable new categories of customers with diverse products to have a much smoother experience with Instrumental
In-app comments enable our users to collaborate quickly and ensure everyone shares context
What’s awesome about this role is
- Build unique ML-powered features: We build tools that no one even realized were possible before we delivered them. Figuring out new interactions and visualizations that help customers extract insight from their data is a fun challenge!
- Great engineering experience: For example, frontend deploys involve running a single command, so we deploy frequently and with confidence. We have “branch environments” to test any pull request in a production-like environment with real data. We have robust tests. And our code is designed for rapid iteration and minimizing surprises.
- Learning & growth: Between working on features the world has never seen before, collaborating with a crazy smart team, diving deep into our modern TypeScript codebase, and the value we place on personal growth, we will help you expand your technical, product, and communication skills. Not to mention you will learn all kinds of crazy things about how physical things break.
- Impact: this is a critical role to unlock high priority features on Instrumental’s roadmap, at a company whose mission is huge - to improve how physical things are made.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has written web app frontends for at least 5 years, not all using one framework
- Is excited to be part of the product process and takes a user-oriented view of their work. We won’t ask you to be a PM or designer - you will spend most of your time coding or reviewing code - but we expect you to collaborate and take ownership when we don’t have detailed acceptance criteria or comprehensive mockups
- Is comfortable communicating clearly and often, because the problems we are solving can be complex
- Is thorough in their work, internally motivated, and excited about Instrumental’s mission
- Resonates with Instrumental’s cultural values: Play to Win, Be Helpful, and Work with Joy
- Prior experience with manufacturing is not expected.
Culture & benefits:
We’re a collaborative team that actively works to promote an inclusive environment, valuing passion and learning. We are all highly energized by the opportunity for such a large impact. In addition, we value transparency, which extends even to our interview process. It’s designed to build understanding of what it would be like to work together with empathy, not to put candidates on the spot.
To help Instrumentalists grow and thrive, we are also proud to offer competitive benefits.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.