Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!The Team
Our brand new Frontend Platform team builds tools and services that are used internally by the engineering, design and product teams. In collaboration with the broader Platform org, we build tooling to move towards a microservices architecture as well as collaborate with the design team to take our existing Design Language system to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Platform
at Upstart, you will be an integral member of a growing organization, help improve user experience for our existing products as well as lay the foundation for future frontend development best practices within the engineering organization.
Position Location -
This role is available in the following locations: Columbus, Remote ()Time Zone Requirements -
This team operates across all US timezones.Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per quarter. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
What we’re looking for:
- Build tools and services to increase engineer velocity and quality
- Build design systems to enable consistent UI development and a shared vocabulary between engineering and design
- Build relationships with frontend engineers in product orgs and drive best practices
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart a genuinely awesome place to work
What you’ll love:
- Minimum requirements:
- A solid understanding of semantic HTML and CSS3, including layouts, responsive design and accessibility
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Writes high quality code, and is willing to work outside frontend technologies
- Is adept at clear, concise, well-organized written communication about their work
- A desire to solve the needs of your colleagues as part of a platform team
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
The minimum base pay for this position in Colorado is $155,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act. It is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.