Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Secret, eligibility for Top Secret
- The Sr. Project Manager is the Government’s primary point-of-contact for an application development project, including project statuses, taskings, schedules, performance, personnel, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for all layers of Resource Management, including developing and evaluating resources and ensuring that all Contractor personnel work collaboratively and professionally with Government and personnel from other contracts.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a project with a team of 10 full-time personnel.
- Perform oversight of the recruitment and retention of top talent, performing Quality Assurance, and communicating verbally and in writing to address changes and challenges. Interact frequently with project stakeholders concerning project.
- Expected to be fluent in all areas of the product and knowledgeable about all major initiatives, issues, and strategic goals.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Government Leadership and the internal customers by relaying direction, escalating concerns, and collaborating on resolutions.
- This individual must be comfortable leading briefings and high-level meetings.
- Serves as the Sr. Project Manager for a team of 10+ technical personnel who support the critically important Government application.
- Accountable for day-to-day performance of Contractor Staff and Deliverables.
- Member of the PMO and responsible for all activities (cyclical meetings, etc.)
- Meets regularly with project stakeholders to ensure a consistent and productive engagement; initiates feedback sessions and seeks stakeholder perspective to maximize continual process and performance improvement across the project
- Reports a variety of program statuses at predetermined frequencies to key stakeholders, to meet both formal and informal reporting expectations
- Identifies and proposes opportunity for operational and technical improvements, working with the Program Manager and technical leads as necessary
- Leads all aspects of Service Delivery for the Task Order SOW(s), assuring all work products and deliverables are delivered by agreed-to dates and at acceptable levels of quality, managing, monitoring, and reporting the Cascades team’s performance against the SOW requirements
- Continually assesses the strengths and weaknesses of the team; advises the government on optimizing the use of Contractor personnel to best meet priorities across the organization
- Ensures that all formal deliverables are complete, accurate and compliant
- Mobilizes all appropriate Contractor resources to respond to incidents, system outages, crises, and disasters, including those that occur after-hours, relative to the Government application
- Responsible for all levels of Resource Management, including fluctuations in resource demand, maintenance of cross-functional skills, and succession planning for maintaining staffing availability and competency; oversees proper transition and knowledge transfer in the event of turnover and attrition; ensures that proper and effective situational and organizational awareness is regularly communicated
- Responsible for responding to and correcting program-related issues
- Responsible for project Risk Management action items, including assessing, planning, and executing mitigation strategies as needed
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum; CSM certification