Who We Are:
We are a management consulting and engineering advisory firm with a focus on R&D, software development, and technology integration. We approach all problem statements from a unique engineering perspective and deliver a broad range of services including: software development, management consulting, and strategic advisory services to accelerate product development from concept to commercialization.
We combine our science, engineering, and management consulting expertise to build software, integrate systems, and deliver research and development optimizations that empower our clients to better compete in their industry.
Who You Are:
You are a senior software engineering professional who is excited to join a small and stable company to be a catalyst for rapid change and growth. Autonomous and innovative, you can jump into a variety of in-house projects as a sole developer.
You are able to take the lead on the full software development lifecycle, from wireframes to testing. You can thrive where there is lots of unmarked territory, taking up a foundation laid by others and making it your own. The opportunity to work on projects involving advanced automation tools, natural language processing, and machine learning technology is exciting to you.
Asking tons of questions, pitching new ideas, researching better tools, working alongside end-users: this is your ideal environment. You are ready for your next challenge, synthesizing your previous experiences to make a meaningful impact in the industry.
Note: This is an in-house development role, not a consulting position.
- Manage, lead, and own the full software development lifecycle for a variety of custom in-house projects and development initiatives
- Regularly meet with management and end-users to elicit suggestions, feedback, and ideas for further development of main software tools
- Research, document, and implement more optimal development strategies and infrastructure
- Lead design sessions for new software functionalities and tools
- Act as a subject matter expert for best practices and standards on matters related to software development
This role would be ideal for an experienced software engineering professional who has worked in medium to large scale development environments, and is ready to move into a new environment.
- 6-10 years of professional software development experience
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL, or similar SQL database preferred
- Competency in utilizing Git for version control
- Ability to create designs, wireframes, and workflow diagrams
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills absolutely required for this role.
This is a remote role with onsite requirements to our Chicago office for key project points. We are located across the street from Oak Street Beach in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago. In addition to a beautiful work environment, we offer full benefits, vacation time, paid holidays, and on-site gym membership. We do not offer a relocation package at this time.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply with an updated resume. We are actively interviewing qualified candidates and looking to hire immediately.
If you know anyone who may be a fit for this role, please pass along this job description as we would love to talk to them!
NO 3rd Parties please!