Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Global Remote (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 – $90/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - long-term
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of all our client infrastructure and ensure all the systems operate efficiently and securely
- Implement, update and maintain back-end or front-end components.
- Follow best coding practices when developing.
- Actively communicate with the team during development processes.
- Excitedly pick up other technology stacks such as Ethereum, Solana, Rust, etc, as required.
- Experience building public facing APIs that are RESTful, or use GraphQL
- Great understanding of NoSQL or SQL databases and how to scale them
- Familiar with distributed systems, performance tuning, massive concurrency handling, and caching mechanisms
- Know what npm, lint, continuous integration (CI) are.
- Enjoy following clean code practices
- Experienced in working with code versioning system (Git), bugs and issues tracker.
- Experience in web3, or DeFi protocols is a plus.
- Understanding of cybersecurity, basic cryptography and user privacy is a bonus.
- Ideally 3-5 years of dev experience
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.