We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced engineer to help us deliver world-class applications across the Pocket product line.About The Team
At Pocket, we are focused on connecting people to the power, possibility & magic of the web. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
Pocket is a part of the Mozilla Corporation. We are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high-quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Are you excited about the role of content to enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? We are looking for a Software Engineer to help make this happen. Our Backend team builds the Pocket experience behind the scenes to provide our client engineers with the APIs and infrastructure they need. We’re looking for a leader that is passionate about building powerful machine learning workflows, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality code.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.What You’ll Do
What You Already Have
- Work on various tools from frontend to backend that support our internal teams.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to implement our product and user experience strategy.
- Contribute daily to decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its platform.
- Deliver new features to our users by developing and enhancing our APIs.
Nice to have
- High standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, and creating tests
- 3+ years of experience developing REST APIs or working with GraphQL
- A thorough understanding of web technologies including, Typescript, JS, CSS, DOM and HTML
- A passion for new technology and relevant trends.
- Experience with React with Apollo Client
- Experience with AWS or cloud technologies
- Understanding of UX patterns and wireframing
- Terraform or Terraform CDK
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.