Metaculus is one of the largest forecasting platforms and communities today with over 950,000 forecasts on over 6,000 questions. We’re best known for our focus on science and technology forecasting that benefits the public. Our mission is to build epistemic infrastructure that enables the global community to model, understand, predict, and navigate the world’s most important and complex challenges.
As an experienced back-end developer, you will be responsible for developing new features and maintaining our codebase. You'll work with a team of talented engineers, designers, and researchers who are deeply engaged with and passionate about our mission, in an impact-focused culture that values learning, growth, and autonomy.
Our team follows development best practices, such as, automated testing, static code analysis with MyPy, and CI/CD, and engineers are encouraged to engage with and think about the product.Responsibilities
- Write pragmatic, testable, performant code that works consistently
- Collaborate with peers on product brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions, and code reviews
- Work cross-functionally with the product, design, and engineering teams to develop and refine new features
- Write functional requirement documents and guides — working with the rest of the team to gather requirements and feedback for features
- Take ownership of product features and responsibility for solving issues, big and small
- Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku on the backend
- Github, Slack, Notion, Jira, Sentry, Figma, Google Docs for collaboration
Metaculus offers competitive compensation and flexible benefits, including health insurance cost reimbursement. Metaculus is an equal opportunity employer that knows and appreciates the benefits of a diverse workforce.Location
This is a remote job with flexible working hours. Our timezones are GTM-8 to GTM+2.