- Familiarity with using Postman, SoapUI, Altair or similar tools to interaction with service APIs
- Experience with working with SPA applications build using UI frameworks such as React
- Understanding of document and relational databases
- Solid understanding fundamental programming concepts and good experience of TDD
- Solid understanding of document and relational database
- Passion for developing high quality, well tested code following organizational standards
- Must effectively collaborate with developers, and other relevant team members
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Technical skills are important, but so are attitude and the ability to work well with others
Nice to Have:
Azure Cloud Management
Azure Function Apps
Understanding of Event Sourcing concepts
Familiarity with functional programming and Software design patterns
Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines and trunk based development
Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
Experience working in a Scrum environment
Experience with fetching from REST and Graph QL APIs
Deep understanding of asynchronous operations
Full stack experience (preferably ReactJS)
Bonus points for proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages like Java, Scala etc.
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)? We want to be as specific as possible with our firms so they can find the type of candidate you're looking for.
We do not care what industry a candidate comes from. We need solid technical engineer regardless of their past experience who is proficient in software engineering and is well rounded.
Of the required skills listed, which would you consider the top 3? Please list your expectations regarding years of experience for each requirement.
Everything in required qualifications is a MUST. Nice to have would make distinction between candidates who meet the required qualifications.
Are you open to candidates that would need to be 100% remote for the duration of the engagement?
Are you open to candidates that cannot convert to FTE without sponsorship?
What does the team structure look like how many members and what is the break-down of the team's skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)?
I lead the innovation engineering team in Financial services. The team is purposefully small, though scales in/out as per needs. At this point, we are looking at a 6-12 months scale out period. The team consists of a PM, a product owner, a business operations person, bunch of VPs, solution architects, 5-6 top tier director level elite software engineers. The project is one of the top 2 priority projects in Financial services and have attention as high as it can get.
What does the interview process look like?
a. How many rounds?
b. Video vs. phone?
c. How technical will the interviews be?
Interviews are expected to be 99.99% technical, we would be ok with phone interview unless we develop a doubt (historical experiences) in which case we would ask candidate to be on video using teams.