For too long, buying or selling a used car has been a headache and a hassle. But at Vroom, we’re changing the game: our innovative end-to-end ecommerce platform and data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle-buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are. Our success is only possible with the help of our hardworking Vroommates, who drive better customer experiences every day. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team.Base Pay Range
$135,058.00 - $202,587.00Job Summary
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and technical architecture. You’ll be responsible for building, owning, and shipping products. You’ll be focused on creating real impact! We’re looking for great engineers who think about intuitive user interfaces, scalable distributed systems, highly fault tolerant services, and Vroom’s data collection and storage needs.Responsibilities
- Consistently delivering high quality code across the stack.
- Facilitate discussions that encourage healthy discussion about technology.
- Develop efficient and reusable UI components within our UI Library.
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders across Vroom.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues across the full stack.
- Vocal in meetings and code reviews but also be respectful of people’s opinions.
- You are self-aware, willing and open to learning from everyone.
- Mentor and lead by example, you are able, willing, and happy to support your team.
- You’re curious, keeping your skills sharp and pushing our tech stack forward using well tested and reliable technologies.
- You push the needle forward for the team to increase code quality, code maintainability, and team productivity.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
Nice To Haves
- 8+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and good knowledge of various programming design patterns.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors, webpack, JSX, and NextJS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Experience working in an environment that values TDD and other quality best practices.
- Experience working with AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) infrastructure.
- Experience building scalable web architecture and distributed systems.
- Strong software design skills; database modeling a plus.
- Openness to learning new programming languages.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience with building web applications using micro services architecture.
- Experience with implementing secure web applications following industry standards.
- Experience with measuring and benchmarking performance.
- Experience with rendering techniques such as CSR, SSR and SSG.
- Experience with authentication, like OAuth 2.0.
- Experience with adaptive design on multiple browsers.
- Experience with UI testing.
- Actively involved in the open source community and contributes to any open source frameworks in the web development ecosystem.
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We believe our values of SPEED (Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development) are best realized in an environment, whether physical or virtual, where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom maintains a working environment that encourages mutual respect and promotes harmonious and friendly relationships among employees. The company prohibits any form of employment discrimination or harassment against employees, applicants, or other protected persons in the workplace based on a protected characteristic(s), regardless of who the source is of such conduct. Protected characteristics include race, color, religion, creed, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This commitment to antidiscrimination and antiharassment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring.
Vroom likewise provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, employees, or other legally protected individuals in the workplace with a disability to enable them to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment equal to those of other employees, except if the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. The company also makes reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and practices.
Vroom complies with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws relating to equal employment.Other Things To Note
This posting is not intended to provide a comprehensive account of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies.