Are you interested in building large-scale distributed cloud infrastructure from the ground up? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team is building an Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform that operates at a large scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is growing fast, still at an early stage, working on ambitious new initiatives and is looking for engineers who have a passion for solving challenging problems. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
The Metering team is revamping the Cost Management experience for our customers. Our goal is to make sure that customers are able to clearly see and understand their resource usage in order to make wise decision on cost optimization. Our scenarios include invoice reconciliation, cost forecasting, usage reporting, etc. Customers can answer cost/payment related questions through interacting with the console UI themselves.
People in Metering team share the pace, growth, execution, iterative improvements, and the culture of a startup without many of the risks. Your responsibilities will include design, development, troubleshooting and operating (full ownership) of software for the next generation of cloud capabilities. As front-end focused member of the software engineering team, you will lead projects and also provide technical guidance to other team members. You should be both a rock solid front-end engineer and a capable generalist, able to understand any part of the stack and low level systems, as well as understand broad distributed system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- 4+ years experience in a software development environment
- Works with software development engineers, project managers and senior UX engineers to fix bugs and support feature development of front-end components front-end components such as web interfaces.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership of the development of features for front-end system components such as web interfaces in a cloud environment
- Familiarity and understanding of modern web application development with deep experience in HTML/CSS
- Write correct, secure, maintainable, robust code and appropriate tests for front-end code.
- Influences visual designs in collaboration with Design stakeholders.
- Provides input to API stakeholders to ensure delivered APIs support required user experiences.
- Drives design of their features & subsystems.
- Drives operational readiness & excellence of their features & subsystems.
- Experience working with other cloud platform teams and accommodating requirements from those teams (compute, networking, search, store).
- Comfortably in a collaborative, agile development environment.