This Position is NOT Open for C2C "ONLY W2"
Title: Sr. Backend Developer
Location: Baltimore MD 21230 (100% Remote)
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Term of Employment
- Permanent, Direct Hire
- This position can operate on a 100% remote basis. With that said, candidates must reside in EST time zone to consider morning meetings with offshore development teams (generally as early as 7am). Candidates who reside a commutable distance to Baltimore, MD are preferred.
- Purpose of Position
- New position based on company growth.
- This role will lead offshore (and perhaps local in the future) development teams.
- Our Senior Developer position is an addition to staff – we are looking for a great mutual fit, ideally based in our Baltimore office with a hybrid/remote schedule, but with a global team, we embrace telework and can be flexible with the right candidate. Our Senior Developer contributes to our tight-knit, global agile development team, which primarily consists of AWS Lambda / Node.js developers with deep data (Postgres and beyond) skills (some front-end experience is also preferred). Our Senior Developer will be a Subject Matter Expert and soon have the capability of acting as a leader in a highly collaborative agile team.
- To think like an analyst: If you have a good idea about a feature, bring it up (even if it’s not your assigned item). Better to discuss and align around new ideas before we invest in coding.
- Ask tons of questions: In Jira, Teams, email, and during meetings to help build the best products.
- Desire quality first: Build bug-free and easy-to-maintain code prioritizing quality over speed. Commit deeply to Git and sensible automated tests.
- Collaborate and clarify: Meet regularly with the CTO and Product Owner to review priorities and requirements, and break down impediments (this is usually early AM Eastern Time to accommodate the global team).
- Be committed and accountable: To the Team and the Company. When priority issues arise let’s all rally to help the team and the company. Sometimes the job doesn’t end at the end of the day.
- Will code 80%+ of the time (performing code review and leading requirements for product initiatives the rest of the time)
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years total experience, 2+ years in a varied senior or lead role
- 1+ years production Node.js development experience
- 1+ years AWS Lambda or similar serverless architecture experience
- 1+ years Vue.js (preferred), React, or Angular experience
- Experience with complex workflow orchestration with public and private API’s
- Deep experience with SQL and data modeling
- Very comfortable working with a self-contained hybrid onshore/offshore DevOps team
- Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism
Preferred Skills & Experience
- An interest to take on a larger role in the future
- 2+ years of experience in Typescript development
- Experience with advanced math and statistics/Python/R/Data Science/ML
Lead Technical Recruiter
nTech Workforce Inc.