The Tock engineering team is looking for a senior frontend software engineer to help us build the next generation of restaurant bookings based on the system we've deployed everywhere from local dive bars to Alinea, The French Laundry, and Eleven Madison Park. Our engineering team was founded in 2015 by ex-Google engineers and combines FAANG team quality with the speed and personal impact of a startup. As a software engineer, you will work with design and product management on a team with a user-focused goal and the autonomy and authority to achieve it in ways you see fit.
This is an opportunity for you to work with world-class engineers to challenge problems while having a big impact on the hospitality industry. As a member of a growing team, you'll help define the next stage of our growth.
Tock Engineering takes a hybrid approach to work. Qualified engineers can choose to work from our offices, from home, or a combination of the two.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager at Tock.You'll Get To…
Who We're Looking For
- Build next-generation web applications with TypeScript and React that are fast and responsive using modern standards
- Work on problems (e.g. design systems, responsive layout, real-time communication) that have impact on our users
- Build and own features and take them from design all the way to production
- Contribute to team culture
- Shape the evolution of a complex system
Benefits & Perks
- At least 4 years of experience building software.
- Familiarity with modern frontend technologies such as Angular, React, Next.js, yarn, pnpm, webpack, etc
- An understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack including frontend, backend, and production
- You are someone who:
- Works well independently
- Enjoys being part of a team that learns together
- Values making and building things as part of a growing team
- BA/BS or greater in computer science or a related field, but not required
Cash Compensation Range: $134
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
,000 - $177,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, qualifications and experience, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.About Squarespace
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products enable anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.