The Print Design organization is hiring an experienced information developer to write software content and UI copy to guide users through the process of installing and configuring printers.
The candidate selected for this role will have a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or a related discipline, mastery of written and spoken English, and experience working with software engineering teams and design teams to ideate, create, and deliver great user experiences.
• Write and manage setup content, UI copy, and in-app help for software and web sites designed to guide users through the setup and configuration of printers.
• Consult with business leads, legal partners, developers, and designers on UI text requirements, making recommendations with consideration for size and layout, usability, support for multiple language, and maximizing content reuse for consistency and efficiency in development time and effort.
• Developing a deep and clear understanding of the overall user setup journey to ensure quality and consistency in content, end to end
• Provide leadership and expertise in content development and delivery to multiple development teams, collaborating with partners to improve process, compliance, and maintenance
• Respond to and resolve content defects logged in the software
• Additional copy writing and technical writing as needed, including basic project management of assigned tasks within JIRA and Microsoft and Google office productivity platforms
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or related discipline and 3- 5 years of experience in an Information Developer or similar role.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
• Fluent in Miro, Figma, and other web-based UI development design tools
• Expert in Excel and experience working with software requirement and defect tracking tools
• Ability to work from design, marketing, and business requirements to drive UI content development work, keeping projects on track as priorities and schedule change
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills