This company is a Series A startup based in San Francisco, CA funded by some of the most prominent VCs in the Bay Area. We build software leveraging data and AI to enable large insurance carriers to improve their portfolio optimization and make insurance affordable again. You will be making fundamental development and architectural decisions each and every day and play a significant role in the company’s long term success. This is a remote position, but we do have an office in San Francisco.
- Develop, design, create, modify, and/or test mobile and desktop web software applications or systems
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Implement features and user interfaces to optimize performance of user-facing products
- Mentor more junior front-end developers
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Be able to work with customer empathy in ensuring that products and solutions meet their needs
- Demonstrated interest in engineering for impact
- 4+ years of hands-on industry experience with React and Typescript
- Familiarity with Apollo, Graphql, and various state management frameworks (e.g. React Context, React Query or Redux)
- Experience with data heavy web applications
- Implemented automated testing for front-end code
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies quickly and learn on the spot
- Created reusable and high-performance user interface components
Nice To Haves
- Undergraduate or Graduate work in a related field
- Broad familiarity with chart and graph packages
Your capabilities are important, but culture fit is quintessential. We move fast, are eager to listen to our users, take a first principles approach to solving problems, and value learning and the ability to change our minds. Most importantly, we're here to have fun, so sticks-in-the-mud need not apply.
This position is a remote position, however you must be based in the United States.