Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Technology is the core of the world's first deconstructed hotel chain. We're building a reliable, scalable platform to optimize physical operations and deliver an awesome guest experience. Our software powers everything from running our warehouse/supply-chain for furniture and consumables, to our discovery and booking experience, through servicing and supporting guests during their stay. It's Airbnb, Doordash, and Amazon fulfillment all under one roof!
The Direct Distribution Team is responsible for merchandising our properties and powering a booking experience through our own website, sonder.com. The growth roadmap has us continuing to expand our reach internationally while improving the user experience, discoverability, and performance of our site.
At Sonder You Will
- Be part of a culture of ownership, innovation, empathy, and collaboration
- Help make Sonder.com and our Mobile Application the best and easiest way to book accommodations wherever Sonder has a presence
- Deliver event-driven, service-based connections between internal systems and our site including for real-time pricing and availability
- Proactively monitor application data and logs to prevent discrepancies and identify areas of improvement that reduce the need for human intervention
- Collaborate closely with other teams including Product, Design, and Business Stakeholders
- Grow and develop our org by recruiting, interviewing, and mentoring new engineers
- Continually invest in observability, reliability, productivity, and stability
- Write and maintain clear and appropriate documentation and tests for the systems you build so that others can easily contribute, collaborate, and support
What We Look For
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and building enterprise-grade consumer-facing software
- Experience as a Full-Stack language-agnostic engineer is a plus
- Even bigger plus if your experience is with parts of our current stack - NextJS, Typescript, GraphQL, Ruby and Rails, ReactNative, Python, and GoLang (in that order)
- Successful track record of collaboration across technical and non-technical teams
- Team player with strong communication skills that works hard to make the people around them more successful
- Comfortable collaborating and digging in with stakeholders to understand requirements
- Willingness to consistently make culture choices that positively impact all of Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
- Flexible vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Workplace flexibility for remote positions #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.