About The Job
- Build amazing consumer experiences, taking responsibility for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that customers love
- Help shape the systems design for the homes vertical and how it integrates with our microservices architecture
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- A desire to help our team continuously improve
- Love for building customer centric software
- 6+ years professional experience in frontend development
- Excelled in an environment with cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
Our Tech Stack
- Thorough understanding of Web system architecture and design, at scale
- Proven track record of leading less-experienced engineers in building stable and scalable code
- Proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services.
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python (Scala experience would be a bonus, but is not required)
- We host our services on Google Cloud.
- We use things like Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, Redis.
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies.
More About Hopper
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!