We are on the lookout for a Frontend Web Developers for a 6 month contract (with likely extension) at one of the worlds leading online marketplaces focusing on short-term homestays and experiences. This role is fully remote and candidates must work US West Coast hours.
As a Frontend Engineer, your mission is to build experiences that create a feeling of trust and safety while using their website. You are critical to detecting and preventing fraud, as well as protecting users on the web platform. We are looking for engineers to tackle projects with large scope, drive significant business impact, and be stewards of our website for years to come. We're looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, creative, and passionate about building the best possible user experience. We're looking for someone who is not only well-versed in web frontend development, but also has strong UX/product sensibilities and enjoys working closely with world class designers, product managers, and data scientists.
- Building features to protect everyone on the platform.
- Building frictions and verifications to ensure user's accounts are safe from takeovers and payouts are sent to the correct individuals.
- Building a sophisticated identity verification system that provides identity confidence while ensuring a great, fast user experience.
- Building a server driven, generic and extensible framework that can inject verification steps anywhere on the site. The system is triggered whenever risky user behavior is detected.
- Creating and maintaining systems to verify listings, block spam and stop scams.
- Building the frameworks and UI to ensure the privacy of users' data and informing them of how and why their data is being used, giving them complete control.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years solid experience in ReactJS and Typescript
- SDLC experience, we work in .NET/.NET Core Web but open.
- Practical knowledge of RESTful APIs is required
- Experience with modern authorization mechanisms, such as JWT, STS etc. hands-on experience in using modern source control, build tool chains and package managers (webpack, gulp, grunt, npm etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Working within US based companies is a plus
Please contact lisa.cappelli@e-Frontiers.ie for more information.