Our client is adding a Tax Manager who is passionate about impressing our clients and helping clients achieve their goals.
The Tax Manager is responsible for filing and proactively planning client’s taxes, adding value through comprehensive tax strategies.
- A CPA certification
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in professional services/tax organization
- A bachelor's degree
- Expertise to research tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
- Skill to build effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- A thorough understanding of federal and state personal taxation
- Experience with flow through entities (S-Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s)
- Experience with estate, trust and C-Corp planning
- A thorough understanding of tax processing systems (Lacerte software)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Remarkable skill as a tax professional, but prefer "tax planning" to the "tax work" itself
- Have a robust process for continually exceeding affluent client’s expectations
- Highly proactive & resourceful
- Ability to lead, direct and coach a team
- Ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
- Proactively create many robust tax strategies for our affluent clients (net worth $2m+)
- Success will be measured on the quantity & quality of recommendations for each client
- Consistently exceed the expectations of our clients
- Project, prepare & file tax returns and quarterly estimates
- Create & follow robust documented processes
- Review tax returns prepared by other experts and provide recommendations
- Serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our clients and team, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues
- Maintain your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Identify and react to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
- Manage day-to-day client relations and regularly exceed client expectations
- Pursue creative and inventive proactive approaches
- Work closely with lead advisor and team to exceed client expectations
Note: There is administrative support for this position. Almost immediately they will bring on a part time Tax Associate to help during busy times.
- Fascinating Work | Directly serve financially successful families.
- Impact | Daily see the positive difference made for families.
- Growth Opportunities | A fast-growing company which regularly invests in team growth.
- Remote Work | 100% remote, offers flexibility for you.
- Benefits | 401k with company match. This is a full-time role with a competitive compensation package.
- Fun | Company values of Honoring Your Word, Being Proactive & Exceeding Expectations. This is not a corporate feel—it’s a family-based company focused on relationships.
Compensation range: $125-130,000 + 15% onus