Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Deque's core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
At Deque, you’ll work with the best and brightest minds in the industry, sharing best practices, tackling new issues and uncovering new approaches. Accessibility Consultants at Deque also love their jobs because of the support systems in place.
Deque experts regularly contribute to W3C Accessibility Working Groups and collectively hold more CPACC, WAS, & CPWA certifications issued by the IAAP than any accessibility testing company in the world.
We are looking for a senior level developer to help design, develop, and maintain axe-core, axe linter, and related axe products. You will be responsible for helping us develop accessibility testing rules, including rules that utilize machine learning to identify accessibility problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain axe-core, axe linter, and related products
- Design and develop new rules, and maintain existing rules
- Write and maintain documentation for rules
- Write new features, unit and integration tests, and related
- Actively work with customers, users, and support to reproduce and resolve issues
- Assist in the review of pull requests, including security reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- HTML and CSS
- Understanding of WCAG and ARIA
- Web accessibility
- Demonstrated work on a product team
- Basic secure web programming knowledge and experience
- Source code management, pull request reviews, and related
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With over 475,000 extensions installed and over 5,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
How to Apply
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required. The expected salary range is 120K - 150K but is subject to change based on the skills, abilities, and experience of each candidate. The values listed are not intended to guarantee a salary for candidates or current employees.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!
Powered by JazzHR