Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, large and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, and generate social engagements that develop interactions with their target audiences.About The Role
Reporting to the Managing Team Lead, the Senior Software Developer plays an integral role in creating and maintaining Business Wire’s multi-lingual, public-facing web sites, client portals, APIs and web services. As a member of our Web Development team, you will partner with other engineers, business analysts, UI designers, and project managers to create applications for our interactive web site, news processing, syndication, and metrics reporting systems.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of Business Wire’s frontend web applications, backend APIs, and the press release processing system
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including system design, APIs, usage guidelines, and best practices
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, infrastructure teams, and other stakeholders to develop complex applications
- Perform code reviews to ensure code quality, adherence to coding standards, and maintainability
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks across the entire application
- Provide operational development support to the website support team
- Identify architecture, design, and operational improvements to existing applications
- Write unit and integration tests and ensure the delivery of reliable and robust software
- Mentor and support junior team members
What You'll Need
At this time, Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field
- At least 7 years of experience in full-stack web development
- At least 5 years of experience in RESTful API development
- At least 2 years of experience in modern frontend web development using React.js, Vue.js or similar libraries
- At least 2 years of experience with Node.js ecosystem and Express.js or similar frameworks. Experience with Java is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, ECS, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation or equivalent services from other cloud platforms
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with CI/CD automation. Experience with AWS CodeBuild and Github Actions is a plus
- An understanding of Git
- An understanding of SQL
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Experience with web development languages, standards, methodologies, and concepts such as the following are a plus:
- AWS Services
- Oracle DB
- Docker or similar
What We Offer
- The base salary range for this position is $120K to $190K. Offered salary will be determined by several factors, including but not limited to: applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with geographic market data. Business Wire reserves the right to modify this salary range at any time
- Business Wire’s total rewards include:
- Ability to work remotely
- Excellent health benefits that begin on your first day of employment
- $100 monthly fitness allotment, a tuition reimbursement program, and enhanced mental health resources
- 401(k) plan with generous company match, and annual profit sharing contribution (subject to company performance)
- PTO, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day Off, Birthday Day Off, and more!
A pre-employment background check will be required after the acceptance of an offer. Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.