Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internationally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Deque's core values are central to our culture of customer satisfaction. Do you share them?
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
At Deque, you’ll work with the best and brightest minds in the industry, sharing best practices, tackling new issues and uncovering new approaches. Accessibility Consultants at Deque also love their jobs because of the support systems in place.
Deque experts regularly contribute to W3C Accessibility Working Groups and collectively hold more CPACC, WAS, & CPWA certifications issued by the IAAP than any accessibility testing company in the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer to join our team building for the axe DevTools Mobile platform. You’ll be working closely with our diverse, fully US remote team to implement innovative solutions used by development teams from all over. The ideal person will be able to independently propose and implement changes across web applications and have a sense of ownership of where the product is going.
The position is flexible for the right candidate. Upon joining the team, you’ll become an accessibility expert in your field and continue building with and supporting the latest technologies available. Your code will help teams build accessible products and make technology more inclusive for all.Primary Responsibilities
- Support and maintain an Appium Plugin (NodeJS package)
- Building features for the axe DevTools Mobile backend REST API service
- Contribute to Deque’s axe DevTools for Mobile web dashboard
- Develop new features, with unit and integration tests
- Update existing code, fix reported bugs
- Own DevOps scripts for CI/CD and automated deployment
- Review pull requests and offer feedback, including security topics
- Aid in creating and maintaining tickets for planning
- Have a drive to learn
- RESTful API use, design, and implementation
- Experience in NodeJS with MySQL 8
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Basic secure web programming knowledge and experience
- Common web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services etc.
- Version control (Github)
- Be apart of a team environment (remotely)
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With over 475,000 extensions installed and over 5,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
How to Apply
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required. The expected salary range is 120K - 150K but is subject to change based on the skills, abilities, and experience of each candidate. The values listed are not intended to guarantee a salary for candidates or current employees.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!
Powered by JazzHR