Since 2012, we've grown to become one of the leading single-family rental companies and homebuilders in the country, recently recognized as a top employer by Fortune and Great Place To Work®. At AMH, our goal is to simplify the experience of leasing a home through professional management and maintenance support, so our residents can focus on what really matters to them, wherever they are in life.
The Software Engineer III
is a passionate and curious problem solver with advanced expertise in Cloud-native application development through event driven microservice architecture delivered in Microsoft’s Azure ecosystem. A qualified candidate is a full stack software developer with advanced knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Core, and React. They will ride the hybrid line between back-end/front-end development and deliver best in class user experiences while advocating for security and data privacy.Responsibilities:
- Design and build Azure based, cloud-native web applications in ASP.NET Core and React using new technology paradigms – e.g., microservices, micro frontends, and serverless containers – by leveraging core Azure services including but not limited to Azure functions, AKS, Azure Service Bus, Stream Analytics, Azure IoT, Azure SQL.
- Design and implement HTTP/RESTful APIs in Event Driven, Microservice architecture.
- Evolve development and release management in Azure DevOps.
- Perform code reviews of other developers to ensure compliance with coding and security standards.
- Document application architecture through sequence and workflow diagrams, API documentation.
Build your career with us:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience delivering enterprise web applications in ASP.Net/C# and responsive web.
- Expertise in Azure stack web development, distributed architecture/systems, microservices, React based micro frontends.
- Experience with distributed development design, messaging patterns, .NET modern ecosystem, and overall enterprise development acumen.
- Strong experience in Azure application security, hosting/patterns, containerization.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure core services, e.g., Azure functions, Service Bus, AKS, Stream Analytics, Logic Apps, SQL/Cosmos DB, etc.
- Infrastructure as code (IaC) a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of distributed systems concepts and Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Advanced knowledge of Azure DevOps, pipelines, CI/CD, feature flags.
- Fluent in Git-based workflows, review process, and shifting left quality practices.
- PC skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
At AMH, we know what it takes to feel at home. That’s not just our product; it’s also our culture. We work to maintain a people-first culture of trust, belonging, and inclusion, where our employees are empowered to collaborate and take initiative. If you’re ready to elevate your career, we hope you'll consider making your home with us. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out soon! To learn more about our workplace, please visit amh.com/careers.
For positions that are permitted or required to work remotely, employees may conduct work only within the United States and only in states where the Company is already conducting business, unless for brief periods, consistent with Company policy.
In the states of Colorado, California, Washington, and Illinois; the anticipated pay range/scale for this position is $127,798 to $164,900. Actual starting base pay within this range will depend on factors including geographic location, education, training, skills, and relevant experience.
- Position is also eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Employees also have the opportunity to participate in medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts and/or health savings accounts; dependent savings accounts; 401(k) with company matching contributions; employee stock purchase plan; and, a tuition reimbursement program. The Company provides 9 paid holidays per year and, upon hire, new employees will accrue paid time off (PTO) at a rate of 0.0577 hours of PTO per hour worked, up to a maximum of 120 hours per year.CA Privacy Notice:
To learn more about what information we collect when you apply for a job, and how we use that information, please see our CA Job Applicant Privacy Notice found at http://employeeprivacy.amh.com/ #DICE_PHO #remote #DICE
- Applications will be accepted for a period of not less than 48 hours from the posting date