Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All contractors will be paid as W2 employees.
- THIS IS A SR. LEVEL ROLE - Candidate MUST HAVE min. 10 yrs. + experience
- Role is 100% remote for duration
- Biz hours based on ET. Desire candidates from ET/CT time zones only (no MT/PT, not good fit for dept. needs)
As a team member on an Agile team that develops and supports an internal cloud-based platform.
The team supports both back-end services in Python as well as a modern front-end UI frameworks. You will be part of Agile technology team in a global organization comprising of DEV/QA/PO teams. The candidate must be a delivery-focused person, initiative-taking with an agile development mindset.
As a developer in this role, you will contribute to building a system that has a broad global impact on the stability of financial markets and to the results of individual investing.
• Senior level engineer - initiative-taking and able to produce quality results from only high-level direction.
• 10+ years of software engineering, including strong Python 3.10+ skills.
• Must be proficient at object-oriented design and working with modular systems.
• 6+ years developing user interfaces in major frameworks (React, Vue or Angular).
• React or Vue experience preferred, with strong knowledge of Single Page Application (SPA) architecture.
• Cloud services development experience using AWS services including ECS/Docker, S3, Elasticache and Redis.
• Strong experience creating RESTful web APIs development.
• Python based ASGI/WSGI frameworks (at least one of Flask, FastAPI, Sanic)
• Expertise in popular Python libraries such as Pydantic, Boto3, SQLAlchemy, Redis.
• Strong SQL and relational database modeling skills, preferably using PostgreSQL.
• Works well in a collaborative team of 4-5 engineers and contributes to Agile ceremony meetings.
• Maintains a high standard of code style, performance and testability.
• Strong unit testing, logging and benchmarking experience.
• Experience with working within a CI/CD pipeline scan/test/build/deploy processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Quantitative Finance is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
• Must be able to work within Eastern or Central time zone business hours.