We make modern classics with character. We believe in true timelessness, the integrity of well-made clothes, and since our inception, great quality at a great price. That’s in our DNA.
But, we know it’s not only about the clothes—it’s about the feeling it gives the people who wear them, whether they’re confidently giving a presentation in a well-tailored suit; basking in long salty beach days in vibrant, colorful sun-soaked swimsuits, or joyfully re-discovering their favorite Rollneck sweater in their closet again and again, season after season.
And ultimately, it’s about helping our customers be the best, most authentic versions of themselves.
And that’s what we’re after, to inspire people’s lives and style.
Whether you’re a customer or a part of our crew, we put people first. We’re proud to have been recognized as an industry leader in:
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity (Newsweek, 2023)
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women (Newsweek, 2023)
- Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Employers for New Grads (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality (The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2022)
Role + Purpose:
J.Crew Group is looking for a dynamic Engineering Manger who brings passion, experience and creativity to estimate, design and deliver digital features for our high-traffic eCommerce sites for the J.Crew and J.Crew Factory brands. This role will specialize in transactional and account-related features (cart, checkout, customer account).
- Collaborate among a cross-functional team comprised of Product Owner, Project Manager, Quality Engineers, DevOps Engineers and eCommerce Engineers
- Write high quality code to deliver application features within deadlines
- Experience managing teams
- Review code written by teammates
- Provide accurate level-of-effort estimates given business requirements
- Monitor performance of existing features using logs and Application Performance Monitoring tools to identify opportunities for improvement
- Triage application bugs (debug and delegate to appropriate engineers)
- Understand and help facilitate our weekly application release process
- Document features for business clients and technical colleagues
- Encourage and inspire a culture of continuous improvement, creativity, collaboration and technical excellence
- Proven experience as application developer
- 7 plus years of experience in software development, execution and maintenance; eCommerce experience preferred
- Strong web technology experience; understanding of HTTP, experience consuming APIs (RESTful and graphql), understanding of CDN caching, expertise with front-end technologies HTML, CSS, JS, JSON
- React/Redux/Next.js experience (3-5 years)
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience (big plus)
- eCommerce technology experience especially checkout and payment processing
- Familiarity with Agile delivery (Scrum)
- Team/project leadership experience
- Experience with cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Good understanding of software design and programming principles
- BS/BA in computer science or relevant field or equivalent experience in technology-related field
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Positive attitude, desire to collaborate and raise the level of the entire team
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, creative and passionate about building with quality
- Ability to recognize and prioritize issues, taking proactive action to resolve or escalate with appropriate urgency
We welcome you to apply, even if you don't check all the boxes. Our passion is scouting life-long learners who are driven by curiosity, and who feel connected to our brands and share our desire to make an impact. We’re always seeking bright new talent who leverage their unique experiences to discover, grow and evolve with our teams.
Benefits + Perks
- Health & Well-being - Eligible associates and family members receive medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, family planning (fertility, adoption & surrogacy support), fitness discounts, medical travel and more.
- Associate Discount - We love our products just as much as you do! That’s why we offer a great associate discount across all of our brands (J.Crew, J.Crew Factory, and Madewell).
- Flex Fridays - In addition to our hybrid work model, we also close our office at 1:00 PM every Friday year-round.
- Community Impact - We support the communities where we live and work through our philanthropic efforts and the J.Crew Cares Program.
- Winter Break - In addition to our PTO package, J.Crew Group offers a winter break at the end of December to eligible full-time associates at the Home Office to provide time to refresh and recharge.
Note: Availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
Salary Range: $150,000.00 - $170,000.00
At J.Crew Group (JCG) we aim to pay competitively for our company’s size and industry. The base salary offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region of work premises, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. The base salary is just one component of J.Crew Group’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes the opportunity for bonus, competitive benefits and perks.
One of our core focuses here at JCG is creating a community and culture that builds belonging. We are deeply committed to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, and we warmly welcome job applicants of all backgrounds.
JCG is proud to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected under applicable law.