Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
About the Role:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
The DevEx team is responsible for building tools and services that enable TaskRabbit developers to be efficient and productive. We govern, architect, and build required services that aim to provide high-quality tools for writing, testing, and debugging code. Additionally, many core aspects of architecture are owned by this team. We work in a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
As a Fullstack Engineer, you will join a team that designs, builds, evolves, and maintains the foundational ecosystem that reduces development time at TaskRabbit. Your decisions will have a significant impact on the productivity of engineers. There’s a lot of work to do to make our platform even more reliable and powerful than it is today.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday peopleWhat You'll Work On:
- Designing & driving new changes that increase the productivity of engineers.
- Work alongside more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend code
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Overall, 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in building API-driven applications or endpoints.
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience in building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the group to get those executed.
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Passion for improving the developer experience and mentorship.
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterative steps.
Compensation & Benefits
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Have great attention to detail and quality.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions, CircleCI)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Love collaborating together with a tight-knit team.
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $115,000 - $160,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.You’ll love working here because:
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees with employer-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.