GROW WITH US:
Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers through a positively different experience. We’d love for you to team up with us to “innovate every day,” put “people first,” and take a “no-shortcuts” approach that has propelled us to become a leader in the diabetes technology industry.
Tandem Diabetes Care is proud to manufacture and sell the t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control-IQ technology. We’re also so much more than that. Our company’s human-centered approach to design, development, and support delivers innovative products and services for people who use insulin. Since many of our own team members live with type 1 diabetes, or have a loved one impacted by diabetes, the work is personal, and we are committed to the cause. Learn more at tandemdiabetes.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A highly skilled senior team member responsible for the design, documentation, development, and testing of a modern web application using leading edge best practices and design patterns.
- Independently designs, develops, modifies, and tests software units per corporate software process documents.
- Have a sense of ownership and craftmanship around the code base
- Leverage the latest React technologies to engineer clean, modularized, and well unit and integration tested TypeScript code that runs seamlessly.
- Independently identifies opportunities in software process, discusses with peers, and implements proposals to address gaps.
- Responsible for software design specifications, interface descriptions, and other software documentation.
- Translates high-level requirements into software design and implementation.
- Develops, executes, and verifies unit and integration tests in coordination with the Software Test team. Employs Test Driven Development (TDD) to ensure quality.
- Regularly performs code reviews and provides feedback to peers and junior engineers.
- Responsible for the training, mentoring and development of junior team members.
- Manages source code effectively using Source Code Management (SCM) tools, processes, and procedures.
- Independently diagnoses, replicates and addresses build and deployment issues; may instruct others in this process as well.
- May be tasked to develop proof-of-concept projects that demonstrate new technologies or development patterns.
- Acts as designated Software Development representative on the Software Review Board (SRB).
- May act as designated Tandem Software Development representative with outside entities such as clinical research organizations.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
- Proficient with formal software test methodologies, such as Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Team-centric approach to discussion and decision-making within a distributed team
- Expert in developing modern ReactJs (4+ years of experience).
- Familiarity with web module federation and react-query
- Knowledge of testing frameworks including Cypress and Jest
- Experience writing well tested and modularized TypeScript code.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and troubleshooting
- Proficient with the use of Docker containers for both development support as well as deployment.
- Familiarity with selecting and deploying cloud technologies in Azure and/or AWS.
- Skilled at defining and translating high-level requirements into software design and implementation.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product without close supervision.
- Able to articulate work assignments and direct the work of more junior team members.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Able to effectively convey information related to work product and lead group discussions.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Knowledge of REST API contract design is a plus.
- Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 5 years of experience in the field of cloud or web application software development or in a related area.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The starting base pay range for this position is $140,000 - $160,000 annually. Base pay will vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and may also fluctuate depending on candidate’s location and the overall job market. In addition to base pay, Tandem offers a competitive compensation package that includes bonus, equity, and a robust benefits package.
Tandem offers health care benefits such as medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts and flexible saving accounts. You’ll also receive 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 20 days of paid time off (starting in year 1) and have access to a 401k plan with company match. Learn more about Tandem’s benefits here!
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Potential new employees must successfully complete a drug screen (excludes marijuana) and background check which includes criminal search, education certification and employment verification prior to hire.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/california-consumer-privacy-act-notice-for-job-applicants.