Invitae (NYSE: NVTA) is a leading medical genetics company trusted by millions of patients and their providers to deliver timely genetic information using digital technology. We aim to provide accurate and actionable answers to strengthen medical decision-making for individuals and their families. Invitae's genetics experts apply a rigorous approach to data and research, serving as the foundation of their mission to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people.
Invitae is a rapidly-growing genetic information company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
The mission for our Edge team is to streamline the software development and deployment processes across Invitae. The Edge team works as a part of Invitae’s Cloud team to build the self-service tooling, automation and deployment technology that support Invitae’s developers and efforts to expand genetic services.
The genetic testing space is moving and rapidly growing. In support of the Invitae mission, the engineering team is tasked with building systems that can help scale our business operations. The Edge's focus is to build systems and platforms that enable our engineers to move quickly through the entire software development lifecycle.
We are looking for engineers who are biased towards automation and standardization, solving problems at the platform level.What you will do:
What you bring:
- Build systems that reduce the time and complexity of deploying applications on Kubernetes.
- Be an inspiring leader, set design principles and define shared patterns that engineers leverage across the company.
- Build systems in React with TypeScript and tooling with Go to make your teammates’ jobs more comfortable and more fun.
- Write tooling and automation scripts for GitHub Actions which your teammates can use to improve code quality.
- Write structured, testable, readable, and maintainable code.
- Support your software throughout its lifecycle, from ideation to production.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow in an environment where failure is a part of learning, and being a novice is celebrated.
- Experience with Python or Go, React, Typescript.
- Demonstrated experience with full-stack architecture and engineering (Devops and Kubernetes experience is a plus).
- Experience in making critical technical decisions that impact multiple teams.
- Experience in shipping multiple mission-critical systems to production.
- Experience in supporting internal engineering teams and production systems.
- A proven ability to learn new technologies and new programming languages.
- A desire to operate with freedom and accountability. A willingness to try new things.
- Excellent asynchronous communication skills. Experience with distributed, remote teams.
- A passion for personal and professional growth.
This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This position is eligible for benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible paid time off, Spring Health, Carrot Fertility, participation in a 401k with company match, ESPP, and many other additional voluntary benefits. Invitae also offers generous paid leave programs so you can spend time with your new child, recover from your own illness or care for a sick family member.
USA National Pay Range
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Join us!At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.
You can find a detailed explanation of our privacy practices here.