At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.Job Description
Fandango is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Fullstack). The position will focus on front end tasks as well as directly related backend tasks such as API integrations and DB interactions. As a software engineer working on our customer facing web applications, you will work with a team of other software engineers to deliver projects that leverage our big data expertise and insights. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of the front end stack of a proprietary B2B SaaS platform, meaning to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve applications
- Own API Integrations with multiple platforms including major social and ad network platforms, by overseeing, maintaining and adding new integrations
- Maintain user security processes for MFA, such as disabling inactive accounts using a Cognito integration
- Maintain secure authentication processes with internal servers including Tableau
- Understand and be responsible for implementing CCPA and other compliance regulatory requirements in all data flows
- Utilize external contracted resources to assist in accomplishing tasks
- Communicate technical details with internal and external stakeholders and gather requirements to deliver high quality software and user experiences
- Working closely with the product team regarding UX
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
- Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
Additional Desired Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a full-stack capacity or a front end capacity with backend experience
- Experience with Serverless REST API development (AWS Lambda, Cognito, API Gateway)
- Experience with Batch job development and coordination (AWS Batch, Step Functions)
- Experience with Data Lake / Elastic Search / Database Technologies
- Experience working with messaging queues (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- A deep understanding of current web software design patterns, and principles, and event driven architecture
- Experience with Angular OR with other modern front-end frameworks/libraries such as React/Redux, Vue.js, Polymer, etc. and a willingness to learn Angular
- A solid understanding of key web development principles such as DOM hierarchy and manipulation, semantic markup, performance optimization strategies, responsive vs. adaptive layouts, etc.
- Working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
- Experience developing user-facing applications
- Strong sense of web design and attention to the fundamentals of user experience
- Familiarity with the breadth of web development including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
- Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
- Experience with analytics platforms, A/B testing frameworks and ad serving technology
- Familiarity with front end workflow/build system and productivity tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Next.js, etc.
- AWS certifications
- Ability to manage work without direct oversight
- Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details
- Naturally inquisitive and self-learner
- Proactive to improve products and business processes
- Stay on top of the latest innovations in data and technologies
- Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
- Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $115,000 - $130,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.