$ 1,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday and Rotating Saturdays. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any 8-hour shift during the hours of 6:00am - 12:00pm CST Monday- Friday and rotating shift of Saturday 7:00am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
We offer 8 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make contacts to schedule a variety of specific medical and dental services in accordance with customer availability and contract guidelines. Respond to a variety of inquiries and resolves issues with regard to the appointment scheduling/fulfillment processing and service completion in a timely manner while maintaining sensitivity toward military culture.
- Conduct customer contacts related to Health Assessment processing, referral follow-up, educations and resource inquiries.
- Identify potential behavioral health situations and follow contract specific protocol to assist callers.
- Maintain constant awareness of service level and queue status in order to meet contractual requirements.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Customer service experience
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Ability to work normal hours of operations 6:00am – 12:00pm CST Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work any assigned 8 - hour shifts
- Ability to work every other Saturday shifts between hours of 7:00 am – 5:00pm CST
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting), Word (creating and editing word documents), and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Prior military experience
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Hawaii / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.