TL;DR: We’re a funded seed stage startup focused on fostering social connection through personalized casual games. We’re scrappy, ambitious, and looking for our 2nd engineer (5th full-time team member) to join us on what’s guaranteed to be an extremely exciting journey!
- Braid’s mission is to make forming and maintaining genuine social connection easier through personalized digital experiences.
- Cofounders Quinn Li O'Shea and Kavi Mathur have 15 years of cumulative experience building consumer and data products, having worked at companies including Zynga, Coatue, OpenStore and Square.
- Braid is gearing up to soft launch their first game in 2024 Q1 and is currently participating in Andreessen Horowitz's gaming accelerator SPEEDRUN
- Apply an ownership mindset to building and maintaining a scalable, efficient, and high quality user experience.
- Contribute to the entire software development lifecycle, from concept to deployment and maintenance.
- Collaborate closely with all members of the team to help us move quickly, continuously test and learn, and ultimately build a remarkable consumer product.
- Continuously explore and implement new technologies to enable us to be best in class, despite our small size, at what we do!
- Strong proficiency with React Native and mobile development for iOS and Android devices.
- Experience with backend technologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of database systems and proficiency in SQL.
- Familiarity with version control systems and deployment tools (e.g., Git).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving and brainstorming capabilities
- Previous experience in either gaming or social a strong plus