Senior Software EngineerJob Location:
Located in Michigan, our mission is to develop best-in-class software solutions to diagnosis and repair intricate electrical systems. Our customers include global automotive OEMs and heavy machinery manufacturers. Our software solutions help deliver our customers technical information to enhance functionality and engaging experiences to a multitude of end-users. We're in need of an experienced Senior Software Engineer to support our flagship electrical system diagnostic product and services developed and deployed to our clients. You'll collaborate with all of our technical teams to achieve the objectives of the product vision.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software applications and systems including new feature changes based on product objectives as well as corrective actions to address ongoing bug fixes
- Document feature changes and bug fixes using Confluence and GitHub
- Analyze existing software source code to proactively identify potential weaknesses, problems, vulnerabilities, or risks and execute mitigation strategies as part of continuous improvement
- Assist core engineering team as needed with triaging and solving complex problems
- Comply with corporate software development methodologies, tools, principles, and practices
- Apply best practices to positively impact productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to establish effective, repeatable, and sustainable CI/CD deployment processes
What You Need for this Position
- BS degree in technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing software at scale including direct experience across all layers of the software technology stack
- Strong knowledge/fluency/competency in the following areas:
- Relevant software frameworks e.g. React, ExpressJS, NodeJS
- Relevant AWS infrastructure services e.g. EC2, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Relational and graph database structures e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB
- CI/CD deployment tools e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- JSON, XML, HTML, CSS, and other data structure concepts
- REST API structures and web services
- Knowledge of end-to-end testing frameworks e.g. Cypress, Playwright
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify root cause and recommend permanent corrective action
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret complex data sets
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Team-oriented attitude with detail-oriented mindset
- Experience in interacting with diverse, multi-cultural, globally distributed development teams
- Other Desired Requirements:
- Local to Detroit Michigan area strongly preferred
- Applicable professional certifications with 3rd party providers preferred e.g. AWS Certified Developer credentials
- Some experience with vehicle electrical systems and service diagnostics preferred
- Some domestic or international travel may be required (minimal)
What's In It for You
- Ability to work remote
- Opportunity to work on a positive and motivating team
So, if you are a Senior Software Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Kendall MooreEmail Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : KM14-1781697L427 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Kendall Moore - Executive Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.CyberCoders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
– In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.