Must be a U.S. citizen (ability to obtain DoD clearance required).
We a STEADY WORKER and TEAM PLAYER willing to LEARN work on many different software projects, including legacy software. Must be physically available locally in the DC metropolitan area and willing to come to the office certain days of the week.
DO NOT APPLY unless you are an honest, detail-oriented coder who is not afraid to learn.
WORK FOR AMERICA. If you are selected, we will sponsor you for Clearance with the U.S. Department of Defense.
Required for the position:
- Must have U.S. CITIZENSHIP
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of web application development experience.
- Strong Git skills, including expertise in Git workflows such as Gitflow or GitLab Flow.
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks.
- Experience in Agile SCRUM methodologies.
- Understanding of testing and softwarequality assurance principles.
- 2+ years of experience developing applications with Laravel (v8.x or later preferred).
- 1+ years of experience developing applications with VueJS.
- Knowledge of design patterns (MVCS, Data Mapper, Repository, State Machine, etc..).
- Experience maintaining a local Docker hosting environment.
- API design experience.
- Typescript experience.
- Understanding of Node-based build processes, Webpack or Laravel Mix.
- Knowledge of http services and protocols.
- Experience writing unit tests and developing with TDD principles.
EXPECTED RESULTS: As a Software Developer, be a primary contributor to the overall development of software product(s). Participate in ticket breakdown meetings and provide inputs to the lead developer. Prioritize assigned tasks in a manner that ensures maximum efficiency of assets. Be a team player – capable of both providing and receiving mentorship and constructive criticism to make yourself and others better. Liaise with the Project Manager and raise concerns that could impact project timeline or quality of deliverables. The overall benchmark of success for these positions is assisting with the release of working software that brings value to the client at the time they need it
SALARY: Pay will be based on a number of factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience as well as geographic location.
We are a small company that thinks of employees as family. We aspire to take care of you throughout your career.