You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Opportunities with ProHealth Care, part of the Optum family of businesses. ProHealth Care is proud to be a leader in health care services, serving Waukesha County and the surrounding areas for more than a century. Explore opportunities across the full spectrum of care as you help us improve the well-being of the community with your skills, compassion, and innovation. Be part of a collaborative environment that strives for excellence, nurtures respect, and ensures high-quality care delivery to our patients. Join us in making an impact and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Supports patient care delivery in the areas of scheduling, insurance verification, and support services. Ensure patients are fully ready to have successful interactions when they come in for a visit. Own provider schedule accuracy, providing scheduling options, match patient needs to appointments across the continuum. Adhere to multi-disciplinary standardized scheduling protocol for providers and supporting care teams.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work during our normal business hours of Monday, 10:30am - 7:00pm CST AND Tuesday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 6 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be Monday, 10:30am - 7:00pm CST AND Tuesday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm CST. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Accurately maintain expertise in provider, care team, procedural and ancillary schedules and match patient needs to services offered.
- Interprets multidisciplinary protocol for complex scheduling in multiple modalities.
- Offers access center RN triage, Clinic RN Triage or Assessment & Referral Triage per department protocol.
- Effectively utilize virtual patient support services (Pre-visit requirements, prior authorizations, insurance/billing, etc.).
- Place outbound communication to schedule follow-up or care gap closure appointments based.
- Ensures revenue cycle integrity by understanding and updating/verifying all needs related to revisit questionnaires, labs, ancillary testing, contact info, demographic info, insurance information, and MyChart and video visit capability.
- Accurately connect patients to other services as needed/anticipated (social, financial, billing, clinical, etc.).
- Takes concise phones messages and routes to appropriate staff or provider when immediate resolution cannot be completed.
- Effectively work scheduling reports, registries, and work queues in EMR and payer generated reports to meet the needs of the system.
- Provide patient with accurate information about any questions or concerns they might have in regard to their healthcare experience.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent experience
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products
- Previous customer service experience in an office setting or professional work environment.
- Ability to work full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work during our normal business hours of Monday, 10:30am - 7:00pm CST AND Tuesday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Medical office experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with electronic medical records system
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Computer and keyboarding skills
- Exemplifies characteristics of a change agent to the meet the needs of the department.
- Use critical thinking skills to match patients to services across the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environments.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Hawaii / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $28.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.